What We Do
Forensic Accounting & Investigations
Organizations face a variety of unique challenges throughout their life cycle and sometimes need external resources with the right knowledge and experience to help them manage and resolve their issues.
We would love to connect with you! We are constantly conducting various training events where we share our first-hand experience and knowledge. Below are our upcoming and past learning events. We look forward to having you join us!
Upcoming training events:
Anti-Corruption & Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
U.S. companies with international operations have a heightened awareness about Foreign Corrupt Practices Act risks in light of the intense scrutiny and hefty sanctions that have been imposed by the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- 2018 Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA) Corporate Counsel Conference & Moot Court Competition March 15th - 18th, 2018 - San Francisco, California
- Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE) Chicago Regional Compliance & Ethics Conference May 4th, 2018 - Chicago, Illinois
- Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE) Ethics Institute October 21-24, 2018 - Las Vegas, Nevada
Corporate Compliance & Ethics
Corporations must be more adept than ever at managing risks related to regulatory scrutiny, criminal and civil litigation, loss of revenue, and damage to reputation. Whether your objective is to establish a robust compliance program, test and monitor the effectiveness of your existing program or respond to regulatory matters, SFG has a team of experts skilled in the areas of compliance, accounting, audit, internal controls and forensic investigations to assist you.
Litigation, Disputes & Arbitration
Complex litigation and disputes continue to be a challenge for companies today, putting their financial well-being and reputations at risk. Organizations need the help of experienced litigators and other litigation professionals to get through these challenging situations and to achieve the most favorable outcomes possible.
Past training events:
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA)-Accounting & Auditing Conference November 14th, 2017-Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Electronically stored information plays an integral role in and forms the basis of global organizations today. More and more companies are finding the volume of their electronically stored information and the efforts that are needed manage it are extensive and indeed challenging.
Licensing Management & Compliance
Licensing agreements between licensees and licensors are often complex and leave much open to interpretation. Licensors frequently must rely on licensees to accurately calculate the proper amount of license fees or royalties due. Periodic compliance reviews or audits can not only ensure that the appropriate licensing revenue is being received, but can also provide licensees with an incentive to apply diligence in reporting going forward.
Construction Audits & Disputes
Investing in a new facility for your organization can be a daunting task, especially when it is the first time your organization has embarked on a large scale capital project or it has been a while since doing so.
- The Ohio Society of CPAs- 2016 Columbus Accounting Show November 9th & 10th, 2016-Columbus, Ohio
- The Ohio Society of CPAs- 2016 Cleveland Accounting Show October 19th & 20th, 2016-Cleveland, Ohio
Forensic Insurance & Recovery
Major disasters do not occur frequently, and when they do, no one is every fully prepared. Organizations must act swiftly to assess damages and organize recovery efforts to minimize the disruption to their business and restore operations to the fullest extent possible.
- The Ohio Society of CPAs- 2016 Cincinnati Accounting Show September 20th & 21st,2016-Cincinnati, Ohio
- The Ohio Society of CPAs- 2016 Dayton Accounting Show May 19th, 2016-Dayton, Ohio